TFIX 8M / Facade fixing with metal nail
Versatile hammer-in facade fixing with steel nail recommended for ETICS. Used for fixation of polystyrene (EPS) boards, mineral wool, light wood wool building boards, polyurethane (PU) boards, cork boards.
- Plug sleeve: impact resistant copolymer of polypropylene PP
- Nail pin: electro zinc plated pin
- Head coating: polyamide PA 6.0 (Nylon) reinforced with fibre glass
- Simple installation in all standard substrates (A, B, C)
- Excellent plate stiffness (value 1.0 kN/mm) ensures smooth elevation surface and stable insulation system
- The long plastic over moulding on the TFIX-8M nail minimizes thermal bridging (value 0.002W/K), contributing to energy-saving benefits
- Unique nail design allows for high load-bearing capacities. This reduces the quantity of fixings required per square meter of insulation
- The shortest embedment depth at the maximum strength parameters
- Pre-assembled expansion nail saves time and labor.
- External thermal insulation composite systems (ETICS);
- Polystyrene (EPS) boards;
- Mineral wool; Light wood wool building boards;
- Polyurethane (PU) boards;
- Concrete C12/15-C50/60 (Use category A)
- Solid brick (Use category B)
- Solid sand-lime brick (Use category B)
- Hollow sand-lime brick (Use category C)
- Hollow brick (Use category C)
- Hollow lightweight concrete block (Use category C)
- Vertically-perforated clay block (Use category C)
- Lightweight concrete block (Use category C)
- Drill a hole of required diameter and depth;
- Lightly tap the plastic sleeve through the insulation material into hole with a hammer, until fixing depth is reached and plastic sleeve flush with insulation material;
- Hammer the nail into the plastic sleeve until fixing is secure and flush with insulation material;
- Embedment depth of min 25mm in approved materials;
- Drilling depth of min 35-45mm in approved materials.
- In soft insulation panels the fixing should be combined with insulation retaining plates KWL-90, KWL-110, KWL-140 ts.